Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Yeah, not much of an update.  I finally got around to making the Velveeta bacon mac & cheese thing I'd picked up a little while back.
It wasn't actually too bad.  I had it with a bit of potato salad as a side.  Finally finished that off.
I'm sure it was absolutely horrible for me, so thankfully I won't be having it too often.

I have been working on a few miniatures off and on.  I've finally made a guy to use Anvil Industry's heavy bolter.
He'll be joining my Relictors' Third Company, second squad as the heavy weapons trooper.  I had originally intended this weapon for Chaos, but eh.  I wasn't too keen on how my sculpting was turning out, so I just tore it all off and stuck with this.  That's the reason the Aquila isn't on his chest anymore.  I still need to add his markings though.

My father's Death Guard is finally finished.
Not really the best picture, but you get the idea.  He's been sitting around nearly complete for quite some time now.  I really just needed to add the rust details to him and he was done.

And now for something a little different, a Metal Slug figure!
This is Eri from the Metal Slug series of video games.  A few months ago Takara put out some trading figures of the characters with mini-models of some of the game's vehicles.  She was actually not easy to paint.  At all.  Trying to paint anime eyes at the scale of this figure's is REALLY hard.  I know it doesn't really look like it, but her shorts are actually two shades of green, they're just rather dark.  Finding artwork of her that had consistent coloring was also not easy.  Some art had her wearing bright green clothes, some dark, some two different shades.  I decided to go with two different shades so she doesn't look too bland.  Funny enough, I think she might actually be just about the right size to fit in with the Super Dungeon Explore figures.  I know who I'll be using.

And looking at this picture, I think I need to go back and redetail her mouth.  The flesh tone seems to have eliminated the detailing I'd put there.



No comments:

Post a Comment