Thursday, April 25, 2013

Wed. Night

Not much of an update.  Just this.
Totally doesn't look appetizing, I know.  However, it did taste better than it looked.  I said I was going to make that Indian dinner and I did.  This is a Tikka Masala w/ Potato Curry and a Mango Chutney.  Yes, I made this.  And it was more time and effort than I think it was worth, to be totally honest.  It took a while to make, but didn't really leave me full.  Then again, I did save some for tomorrow's lunch, but it just didn't satisfy me like I was hoping it would.

Anyway, onto tonight's updates.  My brother is now interested in Warmachines/Hordes from Privateer Press.  I've got some stuff I'm working on, but I don't have any pics tonight.  I'll wait until I've got at least one figure done before I post.  I went by the local hobby shop after work to pick up some spare 25mm bases.  As I was heading to the register, I saw they had some of Bandai's Gundam Assault Kingdom toys out.  I was going to wait until my June trip to Japan to get one, but I figured, what the hell.
I picked up the Sinanju.  I believe this figure and the line in general is in scale with last year's full action Gundam AGE trading figure line.  These are a little bit more poseable than those were.  They do however have one huge improvement:  the gun is hard plastic!  No flimsy, droopy rifles!  On the down side though, the Sinanju's backpack thrusters don't splay out as much as they're supposed to, but they are mounted on a ball joint, so they have some movement.
And a size comparison with a Mantic Skeleton.

Now, my brother lent me one of his Sedition Wars Vanguard over the weekend to paint.  Here's what I've come up with.  I think he turned out alright.  Granted, he would've been better if I didn't have to paint him in white, but it was requested that I do him in his official colors.


Speaking of Mantic though, I've had their elves from their fantasy range for a little while.  I started them a few weeks before I moved, but never really got anywhere.  There's a lot of hate for these figures online that I just don't get.  They have really good sculpts with some surprisingly detailed armor for their small size.  And these guys are small.  They're kind of difficult to paint though.  In hindsight, I probably should've chosen a different color scheme.  Maybe a silver or a red instead of brass.  Oh well, too late now.
I know his face isn't painted.  I left it that way on purpose.  I like to think of it as being a mask on his helmet.  This guy is actually supposed to be a commander for the section I'd bought.  I've also got a standard bearer and a dude handling a elven cat that I'd started as well.  I actually really like these figures, I just wish they were easier to paint.

Lastly for tonight, I have a slight update to my work in progress Sternguard prototype.
You can't see it really in this picture, but he does have his backpack on.  For all intents and purposes, he is done.  I just have a little bit of touchup on the figure itself to do and I plan on adding some rubble to his base.  I might pop him off and reposition him too so he's leaning a bit more forward.  At least that way it'll actually look like he's running.



No comments:

Post a Comment