Thursday, April 18, 2013

Not much tonight

No pictures tonight.  Sorry.  I just don't have anything done yet.  I started working on my Anvil guys.  Got 'em primed and I started basecoating one of them.  My Plaguelord is almost done.  Got two more zombies almost done.  And two of my Plague Dogs Chaos Marines are almost done.

Today at work we had our monthly staff meeting and our MUCK awards, which is supposed to be a goofy awards ceremony where awards are given out for stupid things, like repeatedly losing keys or things like that.  I don't really care for the MUCK awards.  I honestly think they're kind of dumb and a little mean spirited.  It's all done in a joking manner, but eh.  Yeah, not cool.  Nobody from my department attended.  None of them like the MUCK awards either.  I actually did go though.  The only reason was because I wanted to see if they would recognize the work our department did in moving furniture out of one of the cottages last week.  Low and behold, they actually did.  They gave me and the coworker who did it with me the agency's TEAM award.  It isn't really anything special, but I'm just glad they actually acknowledged the fact that we pretty much moved that damn cottage out by ourselves and spent the entire day doing it.  Also, I got a $10 gift card to Chilis with the award, so not all bad.  I pretty much ducked out of the meeting afterwards since they were starting the MUCK awards.

After that, we had the Lunch With Coworkers thing today as well.  I forgot about it and brought a lunch, but I'll just have that tomorrow.  This month we did it at a butcher shop, if you can believe that.  Apparently the place serves meals regularly.  They had a special menu for us with discounted prices, but we could only really choose from three things: a pulled pork sandwich, a tri-tip sandwich, and a hot dog.  I kind of wish they'd let us pick from the main menu, but the agency chose the menu for the lunch.  I got the hot dog with a side of feta cheese and Greek olives.  That side was damn good.  The hot dog was good too.  I have not had a hot dog with a natural casing before.  I'm not sure if I care for it or not.  It was certainly different at any rate.  Had a bit of a snap to it.  The flavor was good though.  The meat was a beef/pork combo.  I might go back some time.

Also started playing Spec Ops:  The Line.  I've heard the game is really good and that it is heavily based on Heart of Darkness of all things.  I can see it.  I'm about about the midway point I'd say where the game starts going for a tonal shift.  I just got to the infamous "White Phosphorus" scene.  I've avoided spoilers about the game, but being familiar with Heart of Darkness and having seen Apocalypse Now, I could pretty well guess what was going to happen.  Though, the scene was very graphic and probably pretty shocking for though who aren't familiar with Heart of Darkness and its adaptations.  The gameplay has actually been pretty good though, being a military 3rd person shooter with some squad tactics thrown in.  The story has also been good, but then again, the source material was pretty good to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment