Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Monday night

Well, I know at least one person who would be disappointed if he didn't have an update to read in the morning.  So, I've got some works in progress and a completed model or two to show off tonight.

First, my Dad's Ultramarine.  Let me just say that GW's decal suck.  Like, a lot.  They don't even go on their own products smoothly.  I think I'd have been better off free handing these insignias.
But yeah, he's all done.

Speaking of done, I don't think I ever posed pictures of the completed Aspiring Champion I've got.
 There's still that problem of him just being too detailed, but I think he turned out good and the picture just makes him look like a jumble of colors and blobby bits.  He really does look quite decent in person.
I especially like how his demon possessed axe turned out.
You can also see my free-handed chapter insignia for the Plague Dogs there.

I've decided to split my Chaos Marines and my Plague Marines now.  So the Plague Marines will either be sporting the haz-mat gear or they'll be sporting mutations while the regular guys will use the basic Chaos Space Marine armor.  Here's one that's nearly done that I'm working on.
I'm kind of wishing I'd rethought that shoulder pad on his left arm.  Oh well.  Here's another one, this time the squad's special weapon guy.
I really don't like the horned helmets in the set, but this one is the exception.  I don't know why. 

Sunday I went by Brookhurst Hobbies and picked up some figures so I could flesh out the zombie portion of my army.  Unfortunately, I only came across a Mantic zombie box after I'd already bought some of Mantic's ghouls.  Yes, there is a difference.  So, for now I'm stuck with converting a 10 man set of Mantic's Corporation Marines and a 10 man box of ghouls.  Here's some of the preliminary results.
The ghouls, unlike the zombies have a lot of squatting, running legs.  The zombies have upright and walking legs.  Those would've made these much better looking.  So far, I've actually completed two conversions.
These two were completed tonight.  At first I wasn't liking how they were turning out, but once I put the washes onto them, that really made all the difference.  I'm really liking them now.  I've made one further conversion tonight.
I had to resculpt his left arm and I sculpted some pants onto his left leg.

The addition of sculpted clothing is really what's going to help me add some real variety to these guys that use mostly ghoul bits, like the one above.  I'm thinking to help keep variety, I'm going to sneak a few former convicts into the group.  Though, that'll just be the ones like this guy who don't really have any of their armor on them.  For the most part, this batch of zombies is going to be zombified Imperial Guard.





No comments:

Post a Comment