Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tuesday night

I have an Indian dish in my cupboard that I meant to make tonight, but I just wasn't hungry enough for it when I got home from work.  I wound up making another of those Velveeta Mac & Cheese things.  Maybe tomorrow I'll be more in the mood for the Indian stuff?  I also redeemed my free gelato later in the evening.  I love how the place makes so many funky oddball flavors.  Last week I'd got a flavor called "Love Story" that was this funky honeydew flavor.  Tonight I got a much weirder flavor though.  I got Kettle Corn.  And... it tasted exactly like kettle corn.  It was pretty good, in fact.

I have a few new pictures to share of my progress on my minis.

I'd picked up the Rifleman set of Eisenkern Stormtroopers from Brookhurst Hobbies a couple weeks back.  I really like these figures.  They have incredibly sharp castings.  The biggest problem I've got with them though is that they all have MG-42 looking machine guns.  Those aren't assault rifles.  That's something the team's heavy support guy should be carrying, not everyone.  So, for my test model I trimmed it down to a more manageable size.  I think it works  a bit better like this.  I wanted these guys to have a nice militaristic look to them, so no bright colors.  Just subtle grays and greens.

These guys just look cool.  I'd love to pick up the accessory set.  It comes with a robotic mule to haul their gear, alternate unhelmetted heads, pouches, spare magazines, grenades, all kinds of extra junk to stick on them, and it also has extra SMGs.  Personally, I think they look better with the SMGs.  I'm glad I've got at leas this one set of 10 figures.  Whenever they get around to expanding the line, there's at least going to be a faction of space Russians (yay!) and some pretty cool looking aliens.  Also mechs. 

I've also nearly finished my Plague Dogs' plasma gunner.

I like how the cooling coils turned out on him.  Just a bit more touchup on him and I need to fully paint his base.

One final item.  In my previous order from Anvil Industries, I was able to snag a couple of their Black-Ops figures.  I'd wanted to get them since he first showed them off.  I figured that since it'll probably be a while before I can get a full set, I could at least experiment a bit with a couple of them.  Also, this will give me a chance to work on my camouflage painting skills.
He's still very much a work in progress.  I mean, the wash is still wet on his torso.  I'm thinking I'll use these guys as Sternguard Veterans for my Relictors.  The Sternguard are basically the elites of teh chapter who get to use all of the really fancy, cool gear.  To represent their elite status, mine will wear camouflage.  I've left a spot on the upper left shoulder in black.  That's where I'll put the chapter insignia.

No comments:

Post a Comment