Monday, March 4, 2013

trying the local cuisine

Today was pretty uneventful except... oh wait!  My internet is working!  I'm not wireless yet, but I don't really need to be at the moment.  The speed seems pretty decent too.  Unfortunately, no hobby updates. *sigh*  I accidentally left my camera at work.  I'll put up an update of a couple of miniatures once I get it back.

Tonight I planned on going out for dinner.  There's a sushi place near my apartment complex I was planning on trying, but the Yelp reviews said it was only so-so and kind of pricey.  I asked at work if there were any decent, affordable places around.  I was recommended a place that no longer exists, called the Burger Bar.  Turns out there's a new burger joint that replaced it called Boca Burger With a Touch of Argentina, or something to that effect.  I believe its a family run place and has a decent sized menu.  Prices were alright.  Upon asking, the proprietor recommended the cheeseburger.  I guess it's one of the more popular items.  They had other stuff like empanadas and even some pasta too.  Despite what name of the place is, these aren't really veggie burgers, though they do have a veggie burger.  I wound up getting the Double Bacon Cheeseburger.  Naturally the most expensive item.  They offer sides other than fries, like salads.  I'm actually kind of surprised by the size of the salad.  It was pretty big.  So, here's what it looked like.
Not bad, eh?  The meat tasted pretty fresh to me and I'm pretty sure that the patties are hand-made.  They absolutely didn't have that mass produced, pressed patty that you get from regular fast food.
Just look at that.  That's a fresh burger.  Quality was pretty good I have to say.  I think if I feel like treating myself again, I'll stop by once more.


1 comment: