Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Not much of an update.  I haven't uploaded any of the pics from this weekend due to getting sidetracked by the Xbox.  Yes, I got my TV cabinet all built, a TV, and finally hooked up the Xbox tonight once I got it home.  It works, no problems at all.  That being said, it is actually quite noticeable that the TVs speakers are actually on the back of the unit.  Kind of weird.  I think I may need to invest in a proper sound system eventually.  Bleh.  Can't wait to get a wireless router though so I can get my Netflix back!

I started messing around with some new paints tonight.  Thought I'd try experimenting with trying to make a verdigris wash with the intention of using it on my Aspiring Champions to help bring out their detail.  Needless to say, both figures are now taking a Simple Green bath.  Yeah, this is like, the second time I've stripped these models.  Well, third time's a charm.  Really all I'm going to do though is swap the brass color scheme with a copper one.  So the order of painting will be primer (black), basecoat (copper), wash (patina), drybrush some copper back over the patina, prime hoses and growths, add purple wash followed by red wash to hoses and growths, paint details like loincloths, weapons, and decorations.  So yeah, hopefully this is the last time I strip these two models.

In other news, I picked up a Chaos Terminator Lord kit.  Now I get to try building an HQ for my troops.  The idea is to create a "Counts-As" Typhus.  I'd like to have Typhus, a unique character for Death Guard, but there's two problems: 1)he's expensive, and 2)he's only available in either metal or Finecast.  Neither material is one I want to work with.  So, I'm going to try and make my own.  I have an idea of what I want to do, but it'll require some sculpting and probably scrounging parts from online.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have pics for my update.

No comments:

Post a Comment