Thursday, March 14, 2013

Had in interesting surprise waiting for me above my front door on Tuesday night when I got home.

This little guy.
 He was just sitting there, right above the door.  Didn't move or anything.  I wanted to snap a photo of him, but I figured it'd startle him and the last thing I needed was a crazy bat flying at me.  When I went to leave for work this morning, guess who was still there.  Exact same spot, still not moving.  I don't know if it was dead or sick or what, but I remember hearing waaaay back in elementary school that if you see a bat out during the day, chances are it's probably sick.  I notified the staff at the front office.  I'm not sure if they called Animal Control to deal with it (I hope so) or what, but they said he was removed.  I wouldn't have minded the bat hanging around (no pun intended), but I've always heard that they're pretty much just flying vectors for horrible diseases.  I didn't need that right above my front door.

In other news, here's my meal for the evening.
Leftovers from the weekend!  This was a macaroni based casserole with some onions, olives, meat, and obviously brocoli on the side.  After I ate, I got my paints all set up on the kitchen table.  I actually managed to get some work done on some of my Chaos guys.  I also picked up some cheapie mono-pose Space Marines to try an experiment with.  Basically I'm going to paint them using just washes.  They're turning out actually, no so badly.  using the Biel-Tan green paint wash actually gets me a color scheme that works pretty well for Deathguard.  No pics now, but I'll see if I can get some up tomorrow.  Also, I tried painting up the blue bits on the new Code Geass kit, the Alexander.  Buuut, my plan didn't work out so well and now I think I'm going to need to get myself some Simple Green to strip the paint and start over.


No comments:

Post a Comment