Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday

Today was a bit of a waste.  At work, we were supposed to be picking up donations from a Vons in Brentwood that's closing.  Usually, when we do this, we need pretty much the entire department and these jobs can take pretty much the entire day.  Not so today.  I've not been looking forward to this at all.  I was in the second group that was heading there which had the big trucks.  As I was heading down to the drivers to get going, my supervisor got a call that the Vons personnel had already loaded everything onto pallets before we even got there.  We all had to go anyway, but once we were there, all of the work was already done.  We didn't need 11 people, 3 trucks, and 2 vans for this job.  We probably only needed 3 people and 2 tucks.  So, I spent a good chunk of the day with nothing to do.  On top of that, our IT department took my computer because the thing has been nothing but a pain in the ass for me all last week, so I didn't have anything to do when I got back to the office.  Basically all I did today was unload a truck and put all of the frozen goods into our freezers.

I wound up leaving early since there wasn't much I could do.  The evening thankfully has been pretty calm and relaxing.  I ended up finishing off the Pad Thai leftovers I had from last week.
It was pretty good, I have to say.  I spent most of the evening just relaxing.  There's a gelatto/frozen yogurt place right next to the apartment complex, so I figured I'd go try it out, especially since it was a pretty warm day.  The owner seemed pretty nice, too.  They actually had way more food than I though, including sandwiches and crepes.  On a whim, I asked if they had red bean crepes, and she told me they did.  I'll have to try that some time.  I wound up getting a Oreo Gelatto and took it back to my apartment.  I ate it on my balcony as the sun was going down.  Very nice and relaxing and pretty decent gelatto, too.  I think tomorrow I may have an evening coffee on my balcony as that was rather enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment