Saturday, May 25, 2013

a happy girl

My dog is spending the weekend at my place.  I'm planning on taking her to one of the local dog parks tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post afterwards.  Look at how happy she looks though.
She watched Cabin in the Woods with me, too.  Well, actually she slept through most of Cabin in the Woods.  I'd heard the movie was supposed to be pretty good and, it was.  I actually rather enjoyed it.  Apparently it was written by Joss Wheden (or however you spell his name), the guy who did Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, and the Avengers movie.  I loved the way the movie played with horror movie cliches and tropes.  There were some pretty good lines in it too.  Not to mention, the movie just had some amusing things going on in it, like the list of monsters during the betting scene with obvious references to movies like Evil Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Creature from the Black Lagoon, It, and just some plain funny ones, like a Unicorn and Sugar Plum Fairies.  There were also references to other movies like The Ring, Hellraiser, The Blob, and even some monsters from Left 4 Dead showed up.  Plus, after the elevator scene, the movie just plain goes nuts.  Well worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment