Monday, May 13, 2013

a gold knight and a purple robot

I kind of got myself depressed tonight.  I had a really old Boston Terrier that had to be put down back in October.  I've been trying to work on my mother to get a new dog, but she won't budge.  My dad is all for getting a new Boston Terrier.  Anyway, I was showing him some of the Boston Terriers that were available for adoption on Pet Finder.  Some of the stories on there are depressing as hell.  I had to stop looking, but the damage was already done.  To try and focus my mind on something else, I did some more painting tonight.

I've got this Bones knight figure from Reaper that I've since before I moved and he's been sitting in a box unpainted.  I decided to finally get to him.
I might take him to work.  I like how he turned out.  Supposedly Reaper is going to be releasing some of their sci-fi space marine type guys next month in the Bones line.  If that turns out to be true, I'm going to be grabbing a few.  maybe I'll use them as survivors for Deadzone.

The other thing I worked on was my first Menoth Warjack, the Vigilant.
He's not entirely done, obviously.  But, he is mostly done.  I need to do the top of his exhaust, repaint some of the exhaust pipes on his back, and obviously paint the shield gauntlets on his arms.  I also have some highlighting left to do and I need to seal the non-metallic parts so they don't scratch when I handle him.  Somehow I need to figure out how to cover that slot on the base.  I also changed my Menoth paint scheme on this guy.  Before, I'd been doing an ivory/white combo with purple and gold.  Pretty much it was the studio paintjob for Menoth, just replacing the maroon with purple.  Well, I hate painting white.  One of the worst possible colors to paint.  I've been contemplating changing the scheme entirely so I wouldn't have to paint it.  Last weekend I stumbled on a bone colored paint and my prayers were answered.  It's sooo much easier to use.  It's still a bit thick, but covers way better.  I basically changed the scheme from white/ivory, purple and gold to bone, purple, and brass with an ivory highlight over the bone and shining gold over the brass.  I think this looks pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment