Thursday, May 9, 2013

About that Rhino...

Yeah.  About that Rhino.  Remember how I said I kind of ruined it?  Well, I think I kind of did.  The pics from yesterday looked waaaay better.  I never should've messed with it.  When I get onto the second tank, I'm not going to mess with it any further once I get the chipping done.  So, want to see how it looks now?
 This picture make it look okay.  As I said, my attempt at detailing the rust just plain ruined it.  I went over it with the silver to look like the bare metal underneath as a way to clean it up.  This is.... eh.  I'm not that big of a fan of it, honestly.  But believe me, this looks WAY better than it did.
I think the biggest problem here is that it just winds up being too busy.  Less is more and I should've followed that rule from the start.  I'd tried adding some graffiti to it also, but it made it look even worse.  Thankfully, one of my yellows (actually a brown, if you can believe it) is a nearly perfect match to the yellowish orange I used on the tank, so I was able to at least cover that up.

You may also notice that there's no tracks on it.  Well, that's because my super glue, which I just bought last week, decided to crap out on me.  It didn't turn all goopy like my brush on stuff did.  Oh no, this stupid thing decided to not only glue its cap on, but it somehow sprung a leak somewhere in its plastic bottle that just got all over my hands and on my clothes.  I was not pleased with that.  Plus, now I can't actually build anything until I get more glue.  Why does the brush on Locktite glue have to be so damn impossible to find?

Anyway, I did manage to do some work on my troops.
My heavy support Havoc team has at least two of its members pretty much finished.  The guy in the back is one of four autocannon equipped Havocs.  He'll be receiving a wash to that cannon, so it won't be quite so shiny.  The guy in the front is the team's commander.  Like my other officers, he gets a metallic golden-ish scheme to help him stand out from his troops.  Plus he gets a neat kitted out bolter.  All five Havocs have those funky targeting scopes attached to their helmets, too.  Since not all of the soldiers in my warband are favored by Nurgle with his "gifts," I figure that gives me a little bit of leeway to make some of the non Plague Marine troops cleaner, hence why these two are not totally filthy.  Not sure if I should add anything to that base though.

No comments:

Post a Comment