Monday, June 17, 2013

leaving Japan

I didn't post about Sunday.  It was kind of a busy day.  Basically, my brother and I killed the morning by doing some shopping in Sekai.  I wound up picking up the , model of the Valvrave from the anime of the same name as well as another Danball Senki model.  After lunch, we spent pretty much the whole rest of the day hanging out with my brother's coworker.  He was actually pretty cool, in a nerdy way.  He dedicated a room  in his apartment to his collection, which included vintage Star Wars, old movie posters, Machine Robo, Microman, and Diaclone.  The fact that he had a boxed Microchange series cassette (the motorcycle one) I found to be very impressive.  Vintage Microman is not cheap on the secondary market.  We spent a good chunk of the day playingnold Famicom games.  The guy actually has a pretty sizeable collection of vintage games and consoles which included, of all things, a Japanese Intellivision, with box!  After that, we had dinner all together ar a very good Nepalese/Indian restaurant.  My brother's coworker also has a Poodle named Doogle.  Doogle the Poodle, that's pretty awesome.

Now, today was pretty low key.  I didn't do too much except for some shopping back in Osu, mainly at Mandarake.n I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to buy.  They had some of the Robot Damashii web exclusives that I've been wanting, but they were all more than I wanted to spend  I wound up with thw Robot Damashii Tallgeese instead.  Not much else though.  We had a pretty good Japanese dinner tonight.  I had grilled mackeral with some assorted sides.  It is difficult to remove the bones, but the flavor was great.

I'll be leaving Japan tomorrow afternoon.  I will try to post some of the pics I've taken (it's mostly food) when I get back to my apartment.  It has been a good trip and its been nice to see my brother and his family.  I am kind of sad to have to leave after such a short time, but work just doesn't give me enough vacation hours.  Probably for the best though, as I don't need to be spending any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment