Saturday, June 15, 2013

Another day ending here in Japan.  Today we did some shopping in Osu, which is where the Nagoya Mandarake is.  We wound up having lunch first at Nagoya university.  We had French food, which, while portions were small, was actually quite good and cheap.  I hit a couple of toy/hobby stores in Osu, one was a Joshin and the other was a Volks hobby store.  The Volks store had a pretty good selection of stuff, not just their own garage kits.  I hadn't seen their Five Star Stories models in person before, but they're huge!  From them, I picked up one of their modular V-Locker robot action figures.  They're somewhat like revoltech figures, but a bit more simplistic.  Still, the one I got is pretty cool.  Pics to come when I return.  From the Joshin,I almost bought a Votoms AT hauler cargo truck.  Those things weren't exactly common when the line was actually around and the price was most certainly right, but getting it home would've been a pain.  It could be kind of useful in games of Deadzone though. What I did wind up getting was the new Gundam zeta HGUC Messala, a kit I've been waiting for an hg remake of for a while.  It's big.  I'll probably build it when I get home.  The other thing I got was the latest Danball Senki robot and a model building tool set.

Definitely a busy day.  Plus it rained.  I also got some clothing from Uniqlo and Muji:  a new jinbei, a Metal Gear shirt, and some shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment