Tuesday, July 16, 2013

So, a Morat and an Orc walk into a bar...

I finally got to work on my Infinity Morat infantryman.  I've had him sitting around for a while now with just one arm glued into place.  Tonight I finally got around to pinning his other arm, priming him, and painting him up.  Since I was on a roll and I've been listening to Lazerhawk, which had me fairly pumped up, I decided to do another of my Orx Marauders.  here's what I've got.

They look sort of sloppy, don't they?  Like they aren't finished or something.  Well, that's because they aren't completely finished.  I picked up some Army Painter Quickshade dip over the previous weekend and tested it out.  The main reason I got the stuff was for my metal figures, like the Morat (monkeyman on the left).  The stuff forms a hardened protective shell over the figure which will protect the paintjob and keep it from chipping.  I'd like to manhandle these figures so I'll need that protection.  The orc will be dipped as well, but more just to see how he'll turn out.  If I like the results, I'll probably do the same for the rest of my Marauders.  I have two other Infinity figures I'll be working on in the near future.  They'll be receiving a dipping as well.  Hopefully they'll all turn out good.

In other news, Wednesday night, I'm heading to Videogames Live!  This'll be the third show for me.  From the sounds of things, this show will be focusing heavily on Blizzard games.  I'm kind of meh about that, being that I'm not really that big of a fan of their stuff (MMOs and RTSs aren't my cup of tea), but regardless, the show should be good.  I'm pretty sure the Sand Diego Comic Con will be having their preview night tomorrow as well and then Thursday it will begin for real.  I'll be headed there myself on Friday.  Definitely looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment